Central Billing Department
The Central Billing Department pursues quality insurance collection results which exceed nationally recognized standards for 30-, 60-, and 90+-day collection categories.
This can be achieved by electronic claims submission to participating primary carriers and secondary carriers accessible through a clearinghouse.
Posting, processing and reviewing of insurance payments include:
- Medicare, Medicaid, managed care plans
- Blue Shield products, commercial plans
- Auto and worker's compensation
- Capitation checks and bonus payments
The Central Billing Department also provides services for you by:
- Posting all mailed patient payments
- Tracking and summarizing insurance Aged Trial Balances
- Generating insurance/patient payment refunds
- Handling inquiries from insurance carriers and patient accounts referred by an office
- Reviewing claims needing pre-authorization, referrals, etc.
- Processing and mailing all primary and secondary insurances not electronically transmitted
- Claims processing investigation and troubleshooting
- Balancing End of Day, Month, Year Reports
- Archiving insurance remittances
- Updating patient information in the computer
- Researching Insurance Guidelines and Appeals
- Coordinate the credentialing of physicians for billing to commercial/indemnity insurance carriers
- Coordinate credentialing for new physicians and insurances